Monday, March 11, 2013

It's All in the Details...

I'm having so much fun decorating the cabin.  I want to keep it feeling "Cabiny" but also modern. Here are just a few shots of the decor...


This is a spice rack that my dad made when he was in shop class in high school.  I love the industrial look blended with the softness and bright pop of color with the flowers



I spray painted pinecones that I found in our backyard with a high gloss blue spray paint.  I love how they are organic but have a synthetic look to them.  Almost like plastic. 









 I love these Vintage Posters.  I also ordered some really cool reproductions from the post office that I'll be hanging in the bedrooms soon




Joseph had these vintage deer antlers shipped in from the Black Forest area of Germany.  They creep me out a bit but they're perfect for a cabin


My sister and I recarpeted the loft with with these bright orange carpet tiles.  It's bright but it adds such a fun pop of color to the loft.

The Pine Trees in the foreground light up and make a perfect night light



Continuing with the orange them I made curtains from this fabric to cover the window behind the bar



I bought this antique chair to sit in a nook in the master bedroom


This is the bear bottle opener that hangs in the bar.  Be careful when using it, we've had a few bottle casualties so I guess it's more for the novelty than anything



This poster was created by my dear friend and Art Director Alex Kirwan.  It hangs in one of the guest room





I love these felt placemats with the little squirrel cutouts 



No comments:

Post a Comment